Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stop. Breathe.

Pin It Now!
Sometimes I think we need a reminder to just stop and breathe. We often get so caught up in life that we forget to appreciate the beauty of a single moment. We forget to realize that we can't re-live moments or memories in life. 

It sounds so simple, right? Just breathe... in and out. In goes oxygen and out goes carbon dioxide. It is no natural... yet life can make us feel like we are holding our breath. We hold our breath in the face of stress, danger, anticipation, and excitement. 

Why is it so hard for us to do something so completely natural and healthy?

I expect a lot of myself. It is one of my biggest strengths and one of my biggest weaknesses. When I start to break down, mentally or physically, I forget to breathe. I forget the natural beauty of life. Everything is wiped away and replaced with something artificial and temporary.

Breathing, relaxation and peace are eternal. They will never fail. Although my body may fail me at times, my spirit will not. I encourage you to breathe, because every little thing is going to be all right. Breathe, and appreciate the beauty of moments passing you by. And finally, don't be afraid to take a break, everyone needs them.

More BREATHE artwork tonight... I need the inspiration :)

"You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath."
Psalm 39:5

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...