Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding Peace and Quiet.

Pin It Now!
There is something so serene about walking across a college campus at 8:30 am on a friday morning. While everyone is sleeping off the events of thursday night, only the lucky few freshman to have early morning spanish on mon/wed/fri trek across the diag. Despite finding out that 8:30 is a lot earlier in college than it is at home, I actually like having early morning classes (a blessing and a curse that my classes don't start until 10 next semester). I like being alone on my walk to class, I actually find it peaceful and relaxing.

Today's topic of inspiration is finding peace in everyday life. Although it is easy for me to find peace and relaxation in the early morning hours (thank goodness I am a morning person), it is often hard for me to find peace and quiet in the midst of a busy college town afternoon/night. How can I be quiet when there is so much going on around me and so many different people and things to watch?

I think it is extremely difficult to find peace in the midst of commotion. It is probably one of the biggest challenges we face in life. It is hard to take time out of our busy day to be quiet. It is hard for me to realize that quiet and alone time keeps me sane. Clearing my head in times of high stress really keeps me from feeling extremely overwhelmed. So how do we do that if it is so hard and there are so many distractions in life?

Here are some 'finding peace' tips that I find useful in my life:
1. Take a few minutes right when you get up in the morning to appreciate the dawn of a new day.
2. Take care of yourself and nourish your body. Making yourself look 'presentable' and dressing in a cute outfit actually boosts self-esteem!
3. READ! My favorite stress-reliever (Try Cold Tangerines- my book of choice at the moment for appreciating the beauty of every day.)
4. TALK to friends and family DAILY.
5. Enjoy some part of nature- it really does help.
6. Take a minute to feel the sunshine (assuming it is a nice day), to watch the sunset, to get lost in the wind, and to find yourself in the midst of commotion.

I encourage you to find peace today. Countdown: 6 days until 3 exams and 7 DAYS UNTIL HOME. I will definitely be craving peace and quiet for the next week. Wish me luck. :)

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you."
2 Thessalonians 3:16

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...