Thursday, April 14, 2011

What Matters?

Pin It Now!
Do you have a hard time prioritizing? If you are anything like me, I tend to stress over things that may not matter much in the end. I worry about my daily troubles... things that will have absolutely no significance tomorrow. I convince myself that my world will end if my day doesn't go according to plan.
Sometimes when I find myself in times of high stress (hello finals?) I like to take time out of my day to remind myself what matters most to me in life. What can't I live without? What makes me wake up each day with a smile and what motivates me to get out of bed. 

What do I live for?

I live for God's glory.
I live for family.
I live for friends.
I live for laughter, love, and learning.
I live for joy.
I live for knowing that everything in my life has made me who I am.
I live for living God's grace and showing others the power and wonder of his love.

I live knowing that life is supposed to be hard, life is supposed to challenge and test us, life is not perfect.

I know, easier said than done right? Sometimes, it is so much easier convincing myself that my life depends on what happens on Gossip Girl that night or what grade I get on a paper.

Here's a secret for you: 50 years from now, I won't care at all what grade I got on my freshman year women's studies exam. Hopefully, I will be living with family and friends that I love and can share life with. Shout-out to all of you back home and in different cities... Please know that I love you and appreciate all you do for me. (AND I WILL BE HOME SOON). :)

"The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."
Lamentations 3:25

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...