Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finding Your Heart.

Pin It Now!
Why do we sell ourselves short? We do we accept anything less than we are worth? Why do we settle when we know that we deserve the world? Why do we doubt ourselves?

I love this picture. There is something so real about it... something so genuine. It also makes me think about how I treat my heart... do I really give it the respect it deserves?"Your heart is a superstar. Treat it like the celebrity it is." 

I trust that God puts our deepest desires (and his) in the depths of our heart. I truly believe that what we want most out of life... and ultimately what God wants for us, is somewhere in our heart. We just have to know where to find it. Believe me, I know it can be tricky to look into your own hearts. It is a vulnerable place, an honest place, a place that doesn't hide anything for us but also risks the world. It is a place to build our faith.

I encourage you today to really look at your own heart and your desires. Are you really listening to your heart- pausing to reflect on what is really important to you in life, or are you listening to everyone around you, social pressures, and the stress of everyday. If we can learn to put all of this 'outside' stuff aside, and learn to live on what our hearts tells us alone... wouldn't that be so beautiful? What if God speaks to us through those little 'heart urges' we feel? You know, that gut-wrenching feeling that something is pulling at your heart strings... What if that is God's way of saying- hey, I am here- listen, trust, relax.

Listen to your heart today. Trust in what it is telling you. Relax- everything is going to be okay. :)

""Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."
Colossians 3:23

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...