Thursday, May 26, 2011

Job Day 1 RECAP!

Pin It Now!
The first day of anything is going to be hard, exciting, exhilarating, tiring, overwhelming, and so fun all at the same time. My first day at Noodles and Co. was ALL of the above. I felt like I was wide-eyed and running around like a chicken with my head cut off the entire time. Believe me when I say, I am usually a very competent person who can learn new skills very quickly- but this was extremely quick. 


I am not exaggerating when I say I was pretty much thrown into the thick of the lunch hour (11-1) delivering food and garnishing plates! I will never under-appreciate food service ever again- after seeing how much care and detail goes into every plate, every customer and every order! Although it was fast and extremely different than any job I have ever done before- it was also pretty fun! I was constantly doing something- moving behind the counter, delivering plates, cleaning up, interacting with guests, and learning about the food prepared. The three hour shift FLEW by in no time at all!


My lesson of the day- things are going to challenge me in life. New and different opportunities only give me the chance to grow, to learn, and to interact with unique individuals. A priceless experience if you ask me.






In other news- my younger (13 year old) brother is now taller than me. When did this happen? When did my little boy start growing into a man? I just can't wait until I come home next year mid-semester and his voice starts cracking and he is taking girls on dates- boy, that will be scary.


Scary how time flies, huh? Take advantage of it- don't waste a single minute. Spend time with your family. Sit down on a thursday night to a family meal at Olga's, a trip to Best Buy, and the Justin Bieber movie in the living room. It's days like these that make the mundane aspects of life so special.


Day 2 of work tomorrow- hopefully I will be working the cash register during the night shift! Wish me luck- RECAP to follow. Also, I am in charge of the house for the weekend... first time ever! :)


Happy Friday- Memorial Day Weekend!


"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land." Isaiah 1:19


Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...