Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Back!

Pin It Now! I have to apologize, I took a little bit of a blogging break for a while. I learned that keeping up with a daily blog can be quite tiring and stressful!

My new goal: Use this blog as 'daily journal' where I can get thoughts out and hopefully send some inspiring messages at the same time!

That being said, a quick RECAP:
We made it home from our trip to Orlando yesterday! We were there for 9 days to watch my sister play in the AAU national volleyball tournament. It was fun, extremely hot, and a little bit exhausting. Our hotel did have a very nice pool, lazy river, water slide, and exercise room, however. :) Those are a few things that will always make a girl happy. A quick picture pre-departure. (Me and the volleyball player)

She played extremely well. Her team placed 23rd out of about 70 teams (although there were more below that in the club division). Although it wasn't exactly what they wanted, I am extremely proud to watch her and cheer her on. It makes me so happy to see her having so much fun and competing in something that I used to enjoy just as much. Oh, the joys of being an older sister. Here are a few things I thought about while I was watching her play:

1. If you want something, you really have to go after it. No one is going to hand you a win- you are going to have to work for it. But having to work for it... makes the end result so worth it.
2. Having a great family and support system is crucial. I love having the people around me that know how to motivate me. I love them so much.
3. It always feels great to come back home.

Although I do love vacations, it always feels so nice to come back home to my normal routine. I am a woman of routine- I like my schedule, my lifestyle, etc. Sometimes I hate being so particular about my life- but wanting and craving a 'normal' schedule isn't so bad, is it?

Do you have a normal routine that you like to stick to?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...