Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mood Swings

Pin It Now!
Have you ever thought seriously about... mood swings? They're the worst. One minute, you're happy-go-lucky with your family and friends and the next minute you just want to be alone and everything around you seems to get on your nerves. 

I ask myself- Why do I get them? Why can't I be carefree, free-spirited and fun-loving all the time?

Maybe we're not meant to be happy all the time. Maybe mood swings give us a sense of what we would be like without slowing down to appreciate the true beauty and simplicity of life

Maybe they are a wake up call.

I'm one of those people who has off-days. I have days where being alone seems so much easier than making conversation. I have days where I take everything for granted and forget to treat each waking moment as a beautiful gift. I have days where nothing goes my way.

Maybe mood swings are a big slap-in-the-face.

Hey you- life is beautiful. There's nothing you can do to be in control 100% of the time. You have to learn to let go. You have to learn to go with the flow. You can't be such a control freak- you're going to drive yourself crazy.

My inner monologue for you ^^. I always take things too seriously. I freak out when there's a change in my routine. I get upset when I have to abide by flexibility. I let the voices in my head convince me that the only way to live is with perfect order.

They are so wrong. Everyone needs a little chaos, right? Now, I just need to find a way to believe that.


“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” 
John 16:33

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...