Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9- Dirty Deeds and Dirty Clothes

Pin It Now! Cutting it close tonight- I'm not going to lie... I was almost tempted to opt out of my post tonight, but then I thought about how truly important this 31 day pledge is to me. If I can't stick to something for 31 days... then what's the point of even starting at all?

So here it is- in all it's DAY 9 glory.
3. Spend alone time with the bible.


I'll admit that it's really hard for me to read the bible sometimes.
I convince myself that I'm simply too busy...
or that I'm not interested...
or that I don't understand the deeper meaning.

But tonight I decided that I would take a well-deserved study break (did I mention I am in the middle of juggling four different papers?) Talk about stressful, no sleep, and my eyes hurting from staring at a computer screen for long periods of time.

I opened the bible to a section I've never really been to before- and thought I'd share a little of what stuck out:

"The night is almost gone and the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see."
Romans 13:12

There is something so beautiful about the image that this passage evokes. I'm kind of a rookie- but here's how I interpreted it:


Our journey with Christ is like the dawn of each new day. We must realize our potential, our possibility. We must learn to appreciate the little things in life that make us 'right' with God. It's never too late to wake up and move beyond trouble, despair, temptation and fear. All it takes is a new outlook and fresh faith.

How'd I do?

I love the vision of a beginning a new day. I love thinking that I can wake up each day with a fresh slate, full of possibility and promise. I love waking up to feel alive.

And now... Race to my bed before midnight! :)

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...