Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20- Little Goes a Long Way

Pin It Now! And... another one bites the dust in my 31 Day Challenge :)!
17. Reach out to my church community and get more involved.

Have I already mentioned how much I love Sundays? Well, if you're new- I truly LOVE SUNDAYS.
I love getting up with a fresh perspective, ready to worship and spend time to myself in quiet and solitude.
I love having the whole day to relax, settle down and catch up.
I love making dates with God.
What do you love about Sundays?

Anyway, I woke up this morning with a desire to do something more for my Ann Arbor church home. I say home, because I have been going there since the beginning of the year and I really enjoy it and am getting a lot out of the messages. I'm glad I have finally found a place that I am so excited to go to on Sunday mornings.

I started small- sure, reaching out may mean something different for everyone- but today I gave my first offering. It was the first time I actually pulled out my own wallet, and put a nice 5$ bill in the offering bucket. 5$ may not be much for some, but for a college girls who lives on coffee and other little random things... 5$ meant thinking of the church community over myself.

This week... I felt a call to be generous. I felt like giving my heart to God was more than just sitting and listening to the sermon.

So, I gave what I had with me. And it felt good.
Anything you give for the good of others is valuable. There are truly no guidelines, no price limit, and no specific instructions to generosity.

Generosity is finally learning what it means to think of others over oneself. Generosity is taking delight in making a difference.
 Generosity is learning to be selfless every once and a while.

" Just as you excel in everything-- in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us-- see that you also excel in this grace of giving."
2 Corinthians 8:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...