Thursday, December 1, 2011

DAY 31! One Last Lesson

Pin It Now! HAPPY DECEMBER! :)
Can you believe that it is December 1st already?

I have my LAST 31 Day Challenge! :)
Take a quick trip back to that post to see how far I've come and what I've accomplished for the month of November.

Today... 12. Boot all of my self-conscious thoughts and stress out of my mind for a day.
I saved this one for last, because it holds significant meaning for me.


My biggest insecurity... the fact that I am so hard on myself. I expect perfect, I constantly criticize, I convince myself that I have to live up to a certain image or expecation.

I'm always the first to judge.

So today- I didn't let those thoughts speak to me when they usually come flooding in and overcome my ability to relax and let go.
I told myself:
I'm beautiful.
I'm smart.
I'm compassionate and caring.
I'm a good daughter, sister, and friend.
I'm determined and successful.
I'm loved.


Sometimes it's hard to believe that we are loved- we get so caught up in not loving ourselves that any thought of others loving us doesn't even register.

Big plans tonight! We have our semi-formal dance in Detroit. I'm excited, nervous and really anxious. More details to come later- I'm stuck in lecture while the beautiful sun shines on our fresh snowfall outside. I'm thankful for education.... :)

"You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."
Song of Solomon 4:7

Peace.Love.Inspiration.
Meaghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...